Message to trainchinese
Please select the reason for your contacting us
Suggest improvement or new functionality
Inform about technical functionallity / error in page
Found error in the text (Chinese, Translation, English)
I'd like to ask a question
Want to delete my account with trainchinese
Please tell us your feedback as clearly as possible
Your user-name and the page you're viewing will be automatically included in the message. Thanks for your time.
Create an account
Find out more
Q & A
You did not login, please
to use the site.
lattice; pattern, style; quality; (lit.) impede, obstruct, hinder; (lit.) to examine or study; to hit, to beat
To include posts you need to register at trainchinese.com
How is 格 (gé) used in different contexts?
Please explain why you consider this entry to be either spam or an abuse:
Show 1 reply
1. 格 (gé) can be used to refer to a lattice or pattern, as in 格子 (gézi) meaning "(architecture) lattice, latticework".
2. 格 (gé) can be used to refer to a style or quality, as in 风格 (fēnggé) meaning "style, manner, mode".
3. 格 (gé) can be used to refer to an examination or study, as in 格物 (géwù) meaning "to study the nature of things".
4. 格 (gé) can be used to refer to an impediment or obstruction, as in 阻格 (zǔgé) meaning "obstruction".
5. 格 (gé) can be used to refer to a physical action, as in 格斗 (gédòu) meaning "wrestle, fistfight, strife".
To answer to 个学生 you need to register at trainchinese.com
You you can select to receive personal notifications on the app or via email for important contributions to words that you are learning in the